How do I book my tour?
Complete the Booking Form, indicating your chosen tour and chosen dates. No payment is required at this point.
When we have checked availability, we will:
a. Reply by email with a PayPal Request for Payment. This will allow you to make payment via PayPal’s secure servers, either with your PayPal account or with most credit cards (we will also send our bank account details if payment via wire transfer is preferred). Up to 60 days before the start date of the chosen tour, we will require a down payment of 30% of the total price per person. If the tour is due to start in less than 60 days, we will require payment of the full amount per person.
b. Send the Tour Programme together with the General Conditions for you to accept and sign.
How do I pay for the tour?
Payments (down payments and final balance) can be settled via bank transfer or PayPal account. WIT will provide its bank account details or send a PayPal Request for Payment.
What do tour prices include?
• All lodgings, either in hotels or tents
• On trips with hotels: every breakfast, lunch—as detailed in the Tour Info, including our trademark grand picnics—and dinner except for one, when you’ll have the opportunity to sample local fare on your own
• On camping trips, all meals
• The expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
• Snacks and beverages between meals
• Regional guides and experts on many trips
• Shuttle vans to support a variety of route options
• Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
• Private guided tours of museums, historic sites, wineries and other attractions as noted in the Tour Info
• All gratuities at hotels and restaurants on trips with hotels
• Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Tour Info
• Park and other entry fees
• Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Tour description
• Baggage transfers. We will transport your luggage between hotels (or campgrounds) in a trailer or van. Our transport teams will also pick up and transport any purchases you make along the way. You need only carry snacks, water, clothing and personal items for the day’s activities
• Travel insurance (only if you are not already covered by your own personal insurance).
All items that are not indicated in the Tour Info: airfares, alcoholic drinks (WIT provides wine at select events), gratuities for Tour Staff and personal expenses.
Does WIT take care of my travel arrangements from my arrival point and to my point of departure?
Travel from the arrival and departure points is the traveller’s responsibility. However, WIT will provide guidance on how to travel from and to the airport closest to the beginning of the tour.
What type of accommodation is offered by WIT?
The hotels we stay at are charming 3- and 4-star hotels unless otherwise described in the Tour Info. They are all located in pedestrian areas so that after the day’s guided walk, you can go for a stroll, enjoy the surroundings and stop for an aperitivo without having to use transport.
Is it possible to participate in the tours as an individual?
WIT prices are based on double occupancy (two people per room). WIT will endeavour to find a roommate (of the same gender) for guests wishing to share a room. If you sign up more than 95 days in advance of your trip and no roommate is available, 50% of the single supplement will be due at final payment. Should a roommate be found before your trip departs, this amount will be refunded. If you sign up fewer than 95 days in advance of departure and no roommate is available, the full private room charge will apply. Should a roommate be found within 95 days, the private room charge will be refunded. On some trips, twin rooms are limited or unavailable, in which case the single room charge applies regardless of the number of days before departure. Please be sure to speak with WIT staff to confirm your room preferences. Note that in Europe, single rooms are often smaller than double rooms.
What about vegetarians?
In Italy, there is a huge variety of interesting dishes using vegetables.
What does WIT do to ensure the safety of participants during the tours?
Safety is one of WIT’s primary concerns. Our tours take place off the usual tourist routes, which is why we involve local guides and organisations. They will be your ‘personal guardians’ and will do everything necessary to ensure the success of the Tour. For example, in “Selvaggio Blu” area in east Sardinia, WIT takes advantage of local guides.
How large is the group?
The usual WIT group size is 10. This allows us to create our own ‘mini-community’ with a unique camaraderie during our tours.
What kind of physical shape do I need to be in?
Some trips are more challenging than others, and we suggest you refer to the Activity Level Options or talk to our staff about your current activity level and the type of adventure you’re looking for.
See each trip page for detailed day-by-day route descriptions.
How should I train for my tour?
You’ll get the most out of your tour if you’re reasonably fit. Running, hiking, swimming or undertaking another aerobic activity for at least 20 minutes, three times a week, will help you stay in shape. The key is to just do it—and want to do it again the next day.